Telecom bill discussion / censorship / children on the net: enough

Peter Graham, RUL psgraham at gandalf.rutgers.edu
Tue Feb 13 14:32:02 EST 1996

From: Peter Graham, Rutgers University Libraries

I think the discussion of the telecomm bill and its constraint of free speech
is appropriate, but not on this list, if I may say so without being dumped
on.  There are very appropriate lists for this discussion; and the level
being held here on Web4Lib is primarily of anecdotal and venting purpose,
with very familiar arguments on all sides.  It is a very important issue and
needs to be dealt with, but on this list I think it is loading us with
unhelpful messages.  Thanks (and just tell me no, we don't all need flames on
the importance of the issue).  --pg

Peter Graham    psgraham at gandalf.rutgers.edu    Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08903   (908)445-5908; fax (908)445-5888
              <URL:http://aultnis.rutgers.edu/pghome.html>