ILL forms on Web

Jerilyn Veldof jveldof at bird.library.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 13 13:19:51 EST 1996

On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, William Oldfield wrote:

> Helen...
>
> At UW we simply restrict access to the form and the cgi script to computers
> in the UW domain.  Using the .htaccess file for this purpose means that
> only users within your institution can submit ILL requests.
>
> It sure beats setting up individual user authentication.

If I'm interpreting this right this means that non-affiliated
users from the community need only come into the library to order ILL
materials - as long as they are using a machine with the UW domain.  Is
this correct?  Do you feel that this is not much of a "problem" and that
it's cheaper or more efficient in the long run than is setting up user
authentication?

Jerilyn Veldof
University of Arizona Library