Black page

Joe Schallan jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us
Sat Feb 10 12:01:54 EST 1996

John Fink wrote:

>What fun.  Am I supposed to effectively quit my job, and become a 24-hr a
>day porn site finder and blocker?  Wow.  Just what I want to do.  Huzzah.

It's occurred to me that there must be staff at SurfWatch and CyberPatrol
doing exactly that!  One can envision a scenario:

"And what do you do for a living, Mr. Fink?"

"I look for dirty pictures on the Internet."

Joe

PS.  Seriously, I think most of us want to be librarians and not moral
police.  Curious that in a country whose citizens worship at the
altar of personal freedom as in no other country, we have a longstanding
parallel tradition of legislating morality. No one has been quite able to
drive a stake through the heart of the Volstead Act.

Joe Schallan, MLS                                 jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us
Reference Librarian and Webmaster
Glendale (Arizona) Public Library
http://www.maricopa.gov/glendale/localgov/library/library.htm