Sources of info on the telecom act

Albert Lunde Albert-Lunde at nwu.edu
Sat Feb 10 02:26:33 EST 1996

The full text as sent to the president is available at:

ftp://ftp.loc.gov/pub/thomas/c104/s652.enr.txt

(The web site http://thomas.loc.gov/ offers various ways to search the text.)

Some of the prior US law being amended is on the web at:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/index.html

Some relavant parts are:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/223.html
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1462.html

(The 2nd URL contains a specific reference to information on abortion;
which is not obvious from reading the amendments in the bill itself.)

I'm not quite sure how current the material at cornell is: I couldn't find
some cross-references.

This organizations have been covering the issue:

http://www.vtw.org/
http://www.cdt.org/
http://www.eff.org/pub/Alerts/

I'm afraid that quoting a few paragraphs without the context of terms
defined elsewhere and the text amended does not do justice to some of the
issues. These are the best free sources I've found for this kind of
context.

---
    Albert Lunde                      Albert-Lunde at nwu.edu