Frames--What's the big deal?

Peter Murray pem at po.CWRU.Edu
Sat Feb 3 10:50:54 EST 1996

I agree that frames are dificult to navigate around.  In my opinion, the
"back" button takes on a different meaning when you navigate around a
page with frames (it doesn't take you back a link in a frame, but takes
you back an entire page).  I suspect the best source for frame
information is netscape itself:

  http://home.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/frames.html

This page has a link to syntax and usage instructions, and a link to
pages using frames now.  Of note, however, is this paragraph at the bottom
of the page:

  Frames have been submitted to the Internet Engineering Task Force and the
  World Wide Web Consortium for consideration as Internet standards.

Perhaps, in other words, "use at your own risk".

On of my favorite pages is this one because of its simplicity (and
subject matter):

  http://rampages.onramp.net/~stevent/powermac.html

Peter

--