HTML -> >- Printed Copy

Ulrich Babiak v9100055 at athena.rrz.uni-koeln.de
Tue Feb 27 17:56:24 EST 1996

At 10:29 27.02.1996 -0800, you wrote:
>I am curious, after being given the challenge, to learn if it is possible to
>(1) transfer a paper copy of a document into HTML and then (2) recreate that
>document from the HTML version using the same font size, justification, etc.
>that was there in the original document: i.e. recreate the original document
>from the HTML version.

In addition to the postings suggesting Acrobat for this purpose,
I would like to point out another interesting feature of
new web servers:
While you can serve PDF from any WWW-Server, some of the single files are
too big to handle. Newer Web Servers (for example WebSite) come with support
for "byte range" serving - that means, they can serve just a specific part
of a file.

This solution seems to fit perfectly for inhouse publishing - once
all the workstations have their pdf/amber - reader set up, you can
easily publish anything without having to play around with html.

This is theory for me - I am still waiting for Acrobat to be delivered
to my office ... but has anyone here ever used this feature sucessfully?

Uli