HTML -> >- Printed Copy

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.ohiolink.edu
Tue Feb 27 13:48:39 EST 1996

Step 1) is hard enough (paper to HTML).  Step 2) is
where you will lose control over document appearance.

Since HTML exerts no control over font selection, and little
control over font size, and since no major browser has seen
fit to support all the HTML 3.0 justification options, I don't
think you'll get what you want.

If this is a project you're willing to put some time and effort
into, check out Adobe Acrobat (start at http://www.adobe.com/).
OTOH, many institutions are just learning to live with the
degree of control the web gives them over their documents; it
actually gets some people to stop endless tinkering with page
layout and write content.

Thomas Dowling