Black pages

The Big Glee Bopper thom at indiana.edu
Thu Feb 8 22:18:03 EST 1996

On Thu, 8 Feb 1996, Joe Schallan wrote:

> Haven't turned my pages black and do not plan to.
>
> Have doubts about the efficacy of such a gesture.  Is preaching to the
> converted.  Doubt if Senator Exon surfs the net.

So Joe what do you think the efficacy of _no_ gesture is? Right around
zero in my book.

> Beyond these considerations, I do not feel that it is my role to use
> pages that I developed with taxpayer money to grind my own
> particular political ax.  For all I know, the majority of the taxpayers
> who employ me may think censoring the web is a terrific idea.
> But even if they don't, I should no more turn my pages black than
> I should tile a pic of Hillary C. for wallpaper.

Cute. Maybe read Meeks article and think about efficacy one way or the other.

****

[Parental advisory: Brock is being his usual profane self.  The first
half is a funny rant; the second half contains useful information about
the censorship provisions in the telecom bill.]

This message was forwarded through the Red Rock Eater News Service (RRE).
Send any replies to the original author, listed in the From: field below.
You are welcome to send the message along to others but please do not use
the "redirect" command.  For information on RRE, including instructions
for (un)subscribing, send an empty message to  rre-help at weber.ucsd.edu