Black pages

Joe Schallan jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us
Thu Feb 8 20:10:07 EST 1996

Haven't turned my pages black and do not plan to.

Have doubts about the efficacy of such a gesture.  Is preaching to the
converted.  Doubt if Senator Exon surfs the net.

Beyond these considerations, I do not feel that it is my role to use
pages that I developed with taxpayer money to grind my own
particular political ax.  For all I know, the majority of the taxpayers
who employ me may think censoring the web is a terrific idea.
But even if they don't, I should no more turn my pages black than
I should tile a pic of Hillary C. for wallpaper.

Joe

Joe Schallan, MLS                                 jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us
Reference Librarian and Webmaster
Glendale (Arizona) Public Library