Netscape 2.0

Real Rodrigue Rodrigue.Real at uqam.ca
Tue Feb 6 15:58:40 EST 1996

Stephen Westman wrote:

> After hearing a number of good things about Netscape 2.0, I decided to
> download the final version.  While most of it looks good, there is one
> "feature" that has me baffled and leary of distributing it to everyone
> else in the library.
>
> It seems that, when I go compose an email message, I am able to type in
> the header information (To:, From:, etc.) without any problems.  However,
> when I go to compose the body of the message, all of my keystrokes are
> interpreted into strange characters.  The strange thing about it is, when
> I actually send a message that I have composed, it is received at the
> other end with what I typed, not what I saw on the screen.
>
> I have tried re-installing the software (twice), tried downloading a copy
> from a different source (thinking that I may have gotten a copy with a
> virus), and have looked everywhere I know of to change the font and/or
> email display.
>
> Is this a security feature where Netscape automatically encrypts a
> person's message?  If so, how can I defeat it?  Is it possibly a
> "crippleware" feature that will be enabled after I send them money (which
> I understand is not necessary if one works at an educational
> institution).  Is there some switch deep within the draconian depths of
> Windows (for Workgroups 3.11) that I need to make a change in?  Any help
> would be very much appreciated.

I am using NetScape 2.0 for the Macintosh, and I don't have this
problem. I am using the NetScape mail feature to write this message, and
everything is OK. I have even been able to transfer my EUDORA mail
folders to NetScape without any problem whatsoever.

--
     *** *** ***  Real Rodrigue
    *** *** ***   Services informatises