WS_FTP32 Blues

Mike Dargan Michael.Dargan at uni.edu
Tue Dec 31 21:32:49 EST 1996

         I'm using the QVTNet4.0 FTP daemon for remote access to my
         webserver.  When I use the FTP client included with Win95 I
         can see the filenames just fine.  However, when I use
         WS_FTP32 (or any of its other versions), I can login but
         cannot see the files.  And, when I click the DIRINFO button
         notepad starts and shows me the files and subdirectories.

         When I use the QVTNet4.0 FTP client to access the daemon I
         can see the files and directories, can transfer them to and
         fro, but miss the great "auto" file type feature that's
         included with WS_FTP32.

         Any notions on why we can't get the filenames to display?  I
         hope it's just an easily reolved DEU (dumb end user) issue
         'cause I really like WS_FTP32.