InFoPeople Project Web Site

Carole Leita leita at netcom.com
Tue Dec 31 16:04:05 EST 1996

The California State Library Project to provide access to the Internet in
its public libraries is entering its third year. As part of the project, we
have been maintaining a web site to help libraries who provide public
Internet access. We've just finished redesigning the site. Not only is the
design and graphical layout new, but also we have added a LOT of new content.

The site has five content areas:
	Project - history, how to get involved, grant application details, copies
of community plans of participating libraries, discussion lists archives,
and FAQ
	Workshops - Upcoming and materials from past ones
	How To - Includes information on such topics as - Web Page Design,
Installing software, Editing Netscape for public access, providing security
on your public computers, managing Netscape's bookmarks
	Libraries - participating libraries and California State Library directory
	Finding Info - Recommended Search Tools, Chart of search engines and
directories features, recommended reference sites for public libraries.

We welcome your comments and suggestions about the web site at:
http://infopeople.berkeley.edu:8000/

Carole Leita, ipweb at library.berkeley.edu
InFoPeople Project Web Site Manager