Where, o where did my screen output go?

Steve Hooley! hooleyss at gsaix2.cc.GaSoU.EDU
Thu Dec 19 08:40:28 EST 1996

	We're trying to set an option on a heavily secured public station
to allow users to format disks without having access to FileManager in
Windows. The machine boots to Windows, then an icon for 'format' runs a
PIF which runs a BATfile which calls format.com from DOS. This runs fine
AS LONG AS the supervisor is logged in; the machine logged in as itself
runs format but shows NO screen output ( you have to know when it wants a
'y' or an 'enter'). The only output visible is 'not ready' if no disk is
in drive.  Obviously something is changed in the Path or Set
when different users login. We had a version working from Saber menu on
other machines, but when Saber launches from inside Windows we get the
same effect - you can format but not see the screen messages.
	I fear this is something so minor or obvious that we aren't
seeing it. Anyone who sees where we've gone astray, feel free to correct us.

== ***** Romulan Technical Assistant ********==
======== "It's Only a Job Description" ========
========= Henderson Library Computers =========
======== Georgia Southern University  =========