printing web pages

Reading Public Library, Reference Dept. rplref at ptd.net
Wed Dec 18 10:25:34 EST 1996

Hello all, (my first posting to web4lib)

This question has been coming up from our users at the public internet
terminals.

We provide laser printers for patrons to print out web pages.  They pay for
printing after the fact.  Many users have been asking us "how many pages
will this print out actually be".  By the way, we use fortres on the terminals.
Is there a way to determine the number of printed pages a web page will
produce? Can one only print a portion of a long web page?

Thanks for any input,

Eileen Stec, reference librarian
rplref at ptd.net
Reading Public Library