url verification

CASTELLUZZO JULIE juliec at cooper.edu
Tue Dec 17 19:34:31 EST 1996

Hello Elvio, and the rest of the list! (I thought this tip would be good
to pass on to everyone.)

I just recently learned of a good free program that will verify
your links and also perform tests of the syntax in your html docs.  It's called
"Doctor HTML" and you can find it at:

http://www.imagiware.com/RxHTML/

They also apparently sell a heftier version, but this one is up for grabs.

I've tried it myself just once and was quite impressed with the report it
put out for my library's page.  Haven't yet taken then time to follow up
on all its recommendations, though :)

Happy Holidays!

Julie Castelluzzo            juliec at cooper.edu
Electronic Services Librarian
The Cooper Union Library     http://www.cooper.edu/facilities/library.html

(snip)
> Is there a program that will check the URLs that you have on your web pages
> that point to external sites and reports if they are no longer active ?

(snip)