Unauthorized Web pages

Andrea Duda duda at library.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 17 16:59:43 EST 1996

I would work on the assumption that the company setting up the
unauthorized web page is trying to provide a service -- the library itself
doesn't have a page so this is an opportunity to make information about
the library available to the public.  Why not thank them for their civic
mindedness and work with them to make sure they have the correct
information?  If the library sets up its own page in the future they can
ask the company to remove the unauthoized page or put a pointer to the
official page.

                                Andrea L. Duda
                    Networked Information Access Coordinator
           Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara
                         E-mail: duda at library.ucsb.edu
                     InfoSurf: http://www.library.ucsb.edu