What is it with people named Siegel?

scharles libernet at midtown.net
Tue Dec 17 14:56:52 EST 1996

I have not read the book, but I have seen the website.  Siegel makes it
quite clear that his pages work best on what he considers to be the most
advanced browsers (Netscape was his choice last time I visted his site). I
don't think his aim is "awesome" or "cool", I think he takes the same
approach an architect would when disigning a building: he wants it
functionally and aesthetically as perfect as it can be.  I think he is
striving for beauty (albeit by his own standards).  I also think he regrets
the fact that some browsers are not as good as they could be.

He is also lambasted for being arrogant, and I seriously doubt he pays
attention to criticisms from authoring groups; I know I wouldn't. I was on
the HTML Writers Guild List, and found it full of trivial, and vindictive,
postings and cross postings; totally unprofessional.

All things considered, I think his site is worth visiting, and I plan to buy
his book.  The URL is http://www.dsiegel.com/home.html.

ScottC.

At 05:54 AM 12/17/96 -0800, it was posted: