httpd-log in CERN server: newbie question

Martin Cohen mjc at simon.stmarys-ca.edu
Mon Dec 16 20:54:07 EST 1996

What your command did is restart the demon. If what you want to do is
empty the old file (but continue logging in it, i.e. start over) the
command would be

cp /dev/null /[full-address-to/httpd-log-name]

That preserves the file but makes its size 0 bytes.

Martin J. Cohen                                 mcohen at stmarys-ca.edu
Media Services and Library Systems              voice: (510) 631-4229
Saint Mary's College of California              fax:   (510) 376-6097
Moraga, CA 94575                                ars longa vita brevis