Netscape/printing/ and odd sized pages (fwd)

Ellen Macdonald ellen at salamander.com
Mon Dec 16 10:11:52 EST 1996

At 05:22 PM 12/10/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Has anybody else had this problem?
>
>A patron finds a page with financial information set down in columns.
>The page's author suggests setting the page to landscape format in order
>to print all of the columns.  Although one can see the farthest right
>column, it does not print, and it will not show up on the print preview
>page.  By turning off the margins I was able to get one more column of
>information to print, but I was unable to get the furthest right column.
>
>We are using Netscape 3.0 and an HP 4L laser printer.  This doesn't
>happen too often, but it is not the first time.  Any ideas?
>
>Susan Sansenbaugher
>System Operator
>Westerville Public Library
>Westerville, OH
>ssansenb at delnet.net

Susan,
Sorry, I'm a little behind on my reading.
You can change the screen font, which also changes the print font.  Go to
Options/General Preferences/fonts and click on the buttons to get a dialog
box.  Netscape's default is 12pt., but you can go as small as 8, which fits
a lot more on a page.  Incidently, when you are showing Netscape to 3 or 4
people, it can be very helpful to increase the screen font size.
Ellen

Ellen B. Macdonald
PLAIN TALK INTERNET HELP
Decorah, Iowa 52101