Netscape 3.0 problem

ROBERT L. BATTENFELD rbatten at southampton.liunet.edu
Fri Dec 13 15:32:23 EST 1996

We have been experiencing a problem with Netscape 3.0 and have
reported it to Netscape but have not received a response.  It seems to
happen when trying to access a site that is down or inaccessible for
some reason.  After waiting a reasonable amount of time for the
transfer I click on the stop button.  Instead of the transfer being
interrupted the mouse cursor becomes erratic and I am unable to use
or exit Netscape.  The cursor (stuck in perpetual hour glass form)
will stay erratic even if I switch to another program.  I have to
exit Windows on our network and reboot.  Has anyone else experienced
this?  Thanks.

Robert L. Battenfeld
(516) 287-8379
rbatten at southampton.liunet.edu