NT 4.0 or NT4.0 Server?

Mike Dargan Michael.Dargan at uni.edu
Thu Dec 12 23:28:14 EST 1996

         Our library is contemplating the acquisition and installation
         of a WWW server.  We'll initially post only our own pages but
         eventually would like to host those of other local libraries
         as well as those of our city government.  We'd like to keep
         costs and staff needs low, but would like to leave room for
         growth.

         We're thinking about getting a Dell Pentium Pro 200
         workstation to get us started.  I had presumed that we'd have
         to use either Linux or NT 3.51/4.0 server.  However, I've
         heard talk that WinNT 4.0 will run MS Internet Information
         Server.

         Is it true that IIS runs on NT 4.0?  And, if so, is there
         anyone on the list who could share experiences with such a
         system?

         Thanks.