Netscape 3 -- have to repeatedly click on links?

Beth DeGeer bdeg at bartlesville.lib.ok.us
Thu Dec 12 18:51:36 EST 1996

Our library has recently started to provide internet to the public.  We
have a T1 connection to an internet hubsite, and are using Internet
Chameleon, Windows for Workgroups, and Netscape 3.  Everything works
fine on the older upgraded computers, but on the brand new computers, we
have a problem with Netscape.  When a link is clicked, the computer will
say "connecting" on the status line but nothing happens, even if you
wait several minutes.  If you then hit the stop button and click on the
link again, the website comes up immediately.  I have checked to make
sure we only have one winsock.dll on each of the new computers.  I'm not
sure if it's a problem with Netscape or Chameleon.  Has anyone got a
solution to this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Beth DeGeer
Bartlesville Public Library