Polar Express - Share the Spirit (fwd)

Claudia Rebaza crebaza at ocean.st.usm.edu
Thu Dec 12 09:54:29 EST 1996

This is not an on-topic message but I hope web4libbers will forgive the
seasonal digression.  The following information was posted to one of my
listservs.  I have visited the site and this appears to be on the
up-and-up.  For those who are interested you can post a message
to the site -- for every 25 messages, Houghton-Mifflin will donate a book.
They are also giving away a free CD-ROM to one message-sender a day.
                                Claudia Rebaza
                        Information Services Librarian
		Cook Library,  University of Southern Mississippi
           crebaza at ocean.st.usm.edu & http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~crebaza/

http://www.polarexpress.com/

                The Polar Express Share the Spirit Campaign

In The Polar Express, following a magical train ride to the North Pole, a
young boy discovers that only those willing to believe can hear the sound
of the sleigh bell Santa Claus has given him. The campaign translates the
book's sense of wonder and message of faith into an invitation to help
children who can't be home during the holidays.

To participate all you need is a free minute or two to post a message on
this site and, like the young boy in The Polar Express, the willingness to
truly believe in the spirit of the season.  For every 25 messages
received, HMI will donate a copy of The Polar Express or another
children's book to a children's hospital.

Our goal this year is to receive 50,000 messages, TWICE the goal we set in
1995. So join the campaign, share the spirit and pass this URL along to
anyone else who's willing to share!

Send a message now and help us reach our goal! Or browse messages to read
what fellow campaign contributors wrote.

                      As of Tuesday, December 10, 1996,
                The Share the Spirit Message Count is 30,273.

                                Andrea L. Duda
                    Networked Information Access Coordinator
           Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara
                         E-mail: duda at library.ucsb.edu
                     InfoSurf: http://www.library.ucsb.edu