Problems with Meta Tag for Netscape Timeout

Thomas Dowling tdowling at OHIOLINK.edu
Fri Dec 6 11:22:30 EST 1996

----------
<web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Re: Problems with Meta Tag for Netscape Timeout
> Date: Friday, December 06, 1996 12:09 PM
>
> Hi,
>
> What is the time delay translation?
> content=600??  10 minutes?
> how much for 30 minutes?, or 3 hours?

The number represents the number of seconds your browser waits before
retrieving the URL specified, so 1800 and 10800, if I'm doing my math
correctly.

Let me strongly recommend an HTML help site for people struggling with
things like this: <URL:http://www.htmlhelp.com> and specifically for this
one <URL:http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/wilbur/head/meta.html>.  People
with access to Usenet should also check out
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html and hang on every word uttered by
Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet, Alan J. Flavell, and Warren Steel.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Ohio Library and Information Network