Use of Internet tech for Internal Communication?

Alejandro Garza Gonzalez agarza at ci.mty.itesm.mx
Tue Dec 3 23:08:06 EST 1996

has any Library implemented the use of an Intranet, a secure web server
(or WWW documents that are password-protected), Distribution lists or any
other uses of Internet technologies to better their Internal
communications (those which have been traditionally handled with
meetings, "internal" or "snail" mail, conference phone calls, etc).?

I was even wondering if anyone has actually gone far enough and has
implemented an internal audioconferencing or videoconferencing service on
their library for the internal library staff... (although I bet not,
given the lack of support for the See-A-Librarian project at sunsite).

Thanks; findings shall be posted back to Web4Lib, of course =)

_ alejandro garza _________________ __ _ _  _    _
  ITESM Centro de Informacion-Biblioteca Monterrey
  agarza at campus.mty.itesm.mx
_ http://www-cib.mty.itesm.mx/ ____ __ _ _  _    _