"editing" Netscape for Windows 3.1 (again!)

Chuck Bearden cbearden at sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us
Tue Dec 3 15:56:21 EST 1996

>From what I've heard, this image is not a true button and
so can't be edited by normal means.  Apart from a 3rd party
kiosking program, I believe the best you can do is to make
sure you edit the resources underlying the menus of the
mail client so that users can't create a mail account for
themselves or send mail.  It's been a while since I played
with Netscape under Borland or MS C++, but I believe you can
edit the menus that control the mail client.  It will still
be an annoyance in that you can't keep a patron from bringing
up the screen, though.

Best wishes,

Chuck
Chuck Bearden			email: cbearden at hpl.lib.tx.us
Catalog Department		voice: 713/247-3499
Houston Public Library		fax:   713/247-3158
500 McKinney Ave.
Houston, TX  77002		-=> NOT SPEAKING FOR HPL <=-