"editing" Netscape for Windows 3.1 (again!)

Rich Harrington rharrington at jjhill.org
Tue Dec 3 16:49:34 EST 1996

You betcha.  This is an opportunity for me to plug, under my experience so
far, Hyper Technologies' Integrity IKIOSK 2.0.  It's much more intuitive
than the beta version previously available.  One thing it comes with is a
Netscape module specifically written to disable the little "envelope" e-mail
icon in the bottom right.  It works.

   I found IKIOSK pretty intuitive and very easy to set up.  And, at only
$25 per license, it's a good deal too, I think.  It comes in both Windows
3.x and 95 editions, but I haven't tried the 95 edition yet.

   http://www.hypertec.com
   (800) 663-8381
   (604) 945-4233

I'm not invested in this company or anything.  Just like IKIOSK so far.

At 01:29 PM 12/3/96 -0800, you wrote:

>Does anyone know how to "disable" the little envelope at the bottom
>right corner of the screen? Many of our users accidentally click on
>this and start up the mail client, when they are really trying to
>click on the scroll button. I would like to know how I can remove
>this irritation. We are using Windows 3.1 and Netscape 2.02

>Walter W. Giesbrecht                        walterg at yorku.ca
>York University Libraries          (416) 736-5639 ext. 77551
>North York, Ontario, Canada

Rich Harrington
Electronic Services Department
James J. Hill Reference Library, St. Paul, MN USA
rharrington at jjhill.org