Browsefast... installer problem warning

Nick Arnett narnett at verity.com
Tue Dec 3 11:50:43 EST 1996

At 07:14 AM 12/3/96 -0800, laurie wrote:

>We have written the first Windows based navigational tool which allows
>the user to ask questions in natural English to find information which
>otherwise might require advanced search techniques to obtain. Find It
>Now! translates English questions into effective searches. The target
>audience is both novice and expert users.
>
>We have written extensively and given many examples about how English
>usage affects searching. Please see:
>
>http://www.browsefast.com

I downloaded this demo and installed it on one of my systems.  After
restarting as instructed, Netscape Navigator will no longer launch.  I get
an error that says "A required .DLL file, MSVCIRT.DLL, was not found."

This makes me quite unhappy... installers shouldn't be able to screw up
another application's installation!

I'm copying the folks at Browsefast and hope that they'll explain, including
how to repair the damaged Navigator installation.

Nick Arnett