web sites for library staff

Tracy Babiasz tbabiasz at ncsl.dcr.state.nc.us
Mon Dec 23 15:29:00 EST 1996

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded to my request for
information about web sites developed for library staff.  The majority of
away (from me!) as Scotland and Australia.  Many of the libraries simply
linked to their staff pages from their main web site; still others made
those pages available only to library staff by placing them in a separate
directory controlled by IP number.  I was reminded to be careful about
placing confidential documents on such sites.  The uses for such sites
are:
direct link to sites commonly used by staff
staff schedules
documentation on library hardware and software
quick reference and helpful hints on library products
library documents and policies
web administation manuals
prototypes for new web pages
statistics
minutes of committee/department meetings
annual reports
staff directories
conference reports
conference room bookings
training opportunities
job plans
info about library schools for student assistants
emergency information

No doubt many more potential uses are out there.  Thanks so much to all
for your help!

Tracy Babiasz
Technology Librarian
Durham (NC) County Library