? Internet classes emanating from the *Library* -Reply

Keith Slade SladeKe at slcc.edu
Thu Aug 29 12:49:34 EDT 1996

I'll let my co-worker, Janet Hovorka, resond to this question,
because she's been involved with an Internet class from its
beginning---

Last year the Utah Academic Library Consortium applied for
a grant to prototype a one credit class about the Internet and
delivered through the Internet.  One librarian from each of the
colleges in Utah was appointed to a committee to write the
class and then deliver it on their campus.  The finished
project was first taught in January '96.  It is completely
taught through the Internet, but ours is the only college that
meets in person and we only meet as a class once.
The entire class is found at http://www-navigator.utah.edu
The method of instruction and the collaborative effort was
heavily evaluated.  Here is the report:
http://www-medlib.med.utah.edu/navigator/intro/report.html
Other Questions?
hovorkja at slcc.edu
Janet Hovorka

I have been "teaching" this course, called "Internet
Navigator," this Summer, so I know something about it
myself.

Keith C. Slade
Salt Lake Community College Library
sladeke at slcc.edu