Hiring Librarians

Mark Wilcox WILCOX at lis.unt.edu
Wed Aug 28 19:05:26 EDT 1996

Here at the University of North Texas we're rapidly trying to
integrate the Internet into as many classes (as well as Internet
specific classes) too.
Myself I'm 3 months from finishing and I'm already a webmaster
(running 3 servers) comfortable in HTML, CGI, Java, etc. I'm local
guru but even with many schools trying to teach this stuff, the
skills are still to slow develop.

Most LIS facutly & students are not strong in their computer
background (very few of us CS guys come in). That will change though
as the 'net progresses.

And for us who know this stuff really well, we're not sure if we want
to go straight into a library. At the moment I'd prefer I-net
consulting and designing. I think I'd be more useful doing that.

Mark
Wilcox at lis.unt.edu
http://www.unt.edu/~mew0002
Webmaster of WWW Archive Project