[Fwd: Re: hiring librarians]

Sallie A Becker sallie at abs.net
Sun Aug 25 21:24:55 EDT 1996

At the SLA conference in Boston this June, one of the speakers made
reference to a Basic Competencies document that had been accepted by the
Board of Directors during the conference.  No details on the content
were revealed, but publication was expected soon.  My last visit to
SLA's website (www.sla.org) about a week ago made no reference to Basic
Competencies.  Anyone out there have additional information?  I'd like
to think that this document would address some of these technology
issues.

Sallie
Sallie A. Becker
Digital Media Librarian