Library Agents(sm): Library Applications of Intelligent Software Agents

Gerry McKiernan JL.GJM at ISUMVS.IASTATE.EDU
Fri Aug 23 19:35:24 EDT 1996

                  Library Agents(sm):
    Library Applications of Intelligent Software Agents

      For a planned review and clearinghouse, I am interested
in libraries and other information centers and services that
have applied intelligent software agents for library services.
While I am specifically interested in reference applications,
other types of library operations and services are also of
interest, including acquisitions, cataloging, or collection
development.

      While I am particularly interested in Assistant Agents and
Information Integration Agents, Coordinated Agents and Mobile
Agents are also of interest.

     For background information on Agents, users may wish to
 review the _Intelligent Software Agents_ site maintained by
Sverker Janson at URL http://www.sics.se/isl/abc/survey.html ,
or review the key works or projects I've incorporated with
Project Aristotle(sm), my clearinghouse of projects, research,
products and services devoted to 'automated categorization'
of Web resources at URL:

   http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Aristotle.htm

    As sites and projects are identified, I will incorporate
these within a new site at:

   http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Agents.htm

   Regards,

Gerry McKiernan