fwd-Project Argonaut

Steve J McGarry smcgarry at Onramp.NET
Wed Aug 21 09:07:09 EDT 1996

FYI--E. Roche ace at opus1.com

----fwd original message-----

We have now posted details (schedules, meeting dates, forms, etc.) for Project
Argonaut (http://rampages.onramp.net/~smcgarry/argonaut/argo.htm). The Project
seeks to create a coalition of governments, law schools, bar associations, law
schools and firms, attorneys, librarians, and publishers  to create a  uniform
legal database. The result will be almost completely automated legal research.

A database would permit searches across jurisdictions and free notifications of
changes. Searches and notifications would include links to secondary sources
(which discuss the case(s), laws or the topics). If you did not already have
them in your library you would be able to purchase a specific chapter(s) or the
entire publication on-line. By having government work with the private sector,
the public gains free access to primary law and secondary works.

If you are interested in the Project, please contact me directly.

Regards,

Steve McGarry

P.S. As part of the project, we have done the most extensive inventory of
existing primary law on the Internet (i.e free) by state and added substantial
substantive information (legislative dates, e-mail addresses, etc.). If you
notice anything we have inadvertantly missed or you would like to see in future
updates, please let us know. Thanks.