[restrictions] settings

Michael Huber mhuber1 at umbc.edu
Sat Aug 17 09:16:55 EDT 1996

> There is a bug in Program Manager with the EditLevel setting that allows
> creation of New icons even if disabled on the File Menu.  Therefore, I
> suggest using NoFileMenu instead of EditLevel.

Thanks for the info.  Does setting the EditLevel seem to do anything
if NoFileMenu is set?

We have several computers for Web access running Netscape under
Windows 3.1.  I would like to keep users from sending e-mail and
reading news in Netscape.

Since Netscape does not write to the ini file (which is set to be
read-only) until it exits any user can come along set things up and
read news/mail.  Has anyone found a way to prevent this, short of
having access to the smtp and news servers blocked from that machine?

Mike Huber
Computer Support
Albin O. Kuhn Library
Univ of MD Baltimore County