ILL forms

Laura Hudson hudsonl at ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu
Tue Aug 13 10:38:31 EDT 1996

Here is a condensed version of the answers I've received regarding my query
about cgi scripts for ILL forms.

Thanks so much to everybody answered my call for information--I may be in
touch!

Many kind people offered to share their scripts with me.

Several people pointed me to Jim Robertson's "Library Forms" page at
http://hertz.njit.edu/~robertso/LibForms.html
with the idea that if I saw an ILL forms system that I liked, I could
contact the library individually.

Similarly, several people pointed me towards the web4lib "summary of ILL web
request forms" available from the web4lib archives.

The most useful ILL form, for my purposes, that I've seen was from Lawrence
Berkeley Laboratories, at http://www.lbl.gov/ICSD/Library/forms/illreq.html
It sends ILL requests to a database and also sends a message to the ILL
staff alerting them that they have a new request; it also includes
interactive error checking.

An ILL request form kit is available for download at:
http://www.arachnoid.com/index.html
This is the type of form which sends email to an ILL staff account.

Laura Hudson
Reference Librarian
Ohio University Libraries