Project Aristotle(sm)

Gerry McKiernan JL.GJM at ISUMVS.IASTATE.EDU
Thu Aug 8 12:05:31 EDT 1996

                     Project Aristotle(sm)
           Automated Categorization of Web Resources

 I am pleased to announce the establishment of Project Aristotle(sm),
a clearinghouse or projects and research devoted to the automated
categorization of Web resources. The URL for Project Aristotle(sm) is:

     http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Aristotle.htm

 For each project, it's name, if known, principal investigator,
project description, and relevant citations are provided. A hotlink
to an available demonstration or prototype is also provided, if
available. Entries are organized alphabetically by the name of the
organization with which the principal investigator is affiliated.

  I am greatly interesting in developing this clearinghouse further
and would very much appreciate the name, e-mail and/or URL of similar
projects or investigations.

  Presently, I am only interested in projects and prototypes that have
_applied_ filtering systems, text extraction and/or categorization, or
agents, robots or machine learning to the categorization of Web resources.
I am _not_ presently interested in work that reviews these approaches or
technologies in general.

  I am particularly interested in current efforts which employ applicable
data discovery and mining approaches to Web categorization.

  All additional projects and studies will be integrated within the
Project Aristotle(sm) site after review.

  Regards,

Gerry McKiernan
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)
Iowa State University