Security & ownership of Web pages: Tech Solutions?

David P Atkins notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Thu Aug 8 10:57:11 EDT 1996

Hello all,

One of LSU's librarian has discovered that at least one www site has lifted
all his pages and posted them on their server, w/o so much as a by your
leave or pages created by, etc.  This is no small or insignificant feat,
considering that this librarian's extensive pages generate a great deal of our
server's traffic...mighty fine pages.

Besides the usual (or unusual) legal recourses, I've be racking my brain to
think of anyway label pages that's more permanent than some
'delete-able' coding & text at the bottom of an html file...it doesn't look
promising.  Anyone with any tech ideas?

David

David P. Atkins
Electronic Reference Services Librarian
Middleton Library                    email:  notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Louisiana State University                     voice:   (504) 388-6823
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-3300                      fax:    (504) 388-6825