~~~Flame - read until properly toasted...

Tim Mallory tmallory at timberland.lib.wa.us
Fri Aug 2 11:16:41 EDT 1996

   I'm here for the discussion.  So-called "nitpicking of trivial little
details" frequently is the application of the philosophy of why we're all
doing this in the first place.
   99% of the solutions to actual problems miss the mark for my setup
anyway.  I still read through for the philosophy behind the solution.
  Here's a nitpicky little detail for Russ, and others annoyed by excess
thought: USE YOUR DELETE KEY (who cares about the details?)

 On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Russ Jury wrote:

> I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting a little sick of the
> nit-picking of trivial details.  This is supposed to be a place where
> people can come for help and get problems solved.  It is about getting
> something accomplished, rather than arguing if something is right or
> not.  In short, if it works for what you want it to do, WHO CARES about
> the details.  3 months from now, it will probably be changed, updated, or
> possibly obsolete.
>
> I know I'll be flamed for posting this, but someone has to try to get a
> more positive attitude going here...  I just feel that there's a little
> too much tension floating around...
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Russ Jury
> Information Technology
> North Dakota State University Library
> (701) 231-7288
> jury at plains.nodak.edu
Tim Mallory, Reference Librarian
Aberdeen Timberland Library     Voice:   360-533-2360
121 E. Market St.                 FAX:   360-532-2953
Aberdeen, WA  98520-5292       e-mail:   tmallory at timberland.lib.wa.us
__%\__"round and round goes the wind" - ecclesiastes i:6 __%\__)))))>>>*