Oops --- PM clarification

Ellen Sleeter, M.A.I.N. Administrator SLEETER at main.morris.org
Tue Aug 20 17:09:17 EDT 1996

I just think WAY faster than I'm actually typing...  What I forgot to say
was...

From:	MAIN01::SLEETER      "Ellen Sleeter, M.A.I.N. Administrator" 20-AUG-1996 17:01:27.25
To:	SMTP%"emiller at smtpgwy.isinet.com"
CC:	WEB4LIB at LIBRARY.BERKELEY.EDU,SLEETER
Subj:	RE: Project Manager software

Actually, I consider myself medium-to-heavy weight in project management, and I
always bemoan the lack of tools that support my method of projecting my project
timelines, which tends to be driven [** omitted!**] by "unit time" processes.

--- e.g., person needs to perform Task A 1000 times as part of project launch.

Task takes 9 minutes to complete, but can't be interrupted.
Person works a 7 hour day, has a 45 minute lunch, has two meetings on Thursday,
and will start this process on Monday at 1pm.  When will he be finished...??

| ELLEN L. SLEETER                                                         |
| Network Administrator/Division Head, County of Morris, New Jersey        |
| Morris Automated Information Network (M.A.I.N.)                          |