Win95 Public stations in Library

Yi-Hung Chung ychung at ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 16 02:59:09 EDT 1996

Hello librarians,

	we just setup the Win95 Public stations in our library branches.
with the help from the list to make it a "boom-proof" as suggested in the
FAQ.

	however, the problem I just discovered today MIGHT sound scary.

	from Start Menu, Open up the "Help"..

	from Help, user can almost access/run anything or browse the
	harddrive.

	for example, you can launch "notepad" or "explorer" from winhelp
	(or Winhlp32)

	when user is in the "browsing" mode (like open file after launching
	notepad from winhlp..

	the user can use the "right-mouse" button <-- another SCARY thing.
	to change the file property, even delete "read-only" files, create
	new files... so on...

	so, does anyone know how to disable "help" in the start menu
	and mostly important .. how to disable right mouse button...

				thanks..

							Yi-Hung Chung

UCSD Library