Web4lib : Bibliographic DB Icons.

Mr Steven Allan Carr sac1 at stir.ac.uk
Mon Aug 12 09:27:46 EDT 1996

For members of the Web4lib mailing list.

Hi,

   You may remember our project to build a draft standard set of ICONs for
use in bibliographic information systems.  Some 560 of you visited our site:

                  http://lorne.stir.ac.uk/iconstd/

and voted for your choice of icons.  For some categories, there were
clear favorites.  For several however, none of our suggested graphics
was particularly liked, and some of you suggested improvements or whole
new icons.

The time has come for making a final choice for the icons to be presented
to the IFLA Conference in Beijing on 24 August.

PLEASE VISIT OUR SITE AGAIN BEFORE ****15 AUGUST****
There you will see many new icons for each category and the most popular
icon graphics from the first round of voting.

PLEASE DO REGISTER YOUR PREFERENCES ON THESE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Many Thanks,

Steve.