windows 95 kernal update etc...

scharles libernet at midtown.net
Sun Aug 11 01:14:16 EDT 1996

Hello:

Recently I noticed a posting (on this listserv, I think) that mentioned a
patch from Microsoft that took care of memory leaks when using windows
sockets (krnlupd.exe is the file that gets downloaded from Microsoft.com).
Anyway I downloaded it and installed it, and it seemed to work fine for a
week or so.

Today I notice that Windows 95 has locked up several times on me.  I was
wondering if anyone has had any trouble with Windows 95 locking up on a
stand alone (and bare bones 486) PC.  Coincedentally, I had a little bit of
trouble with QVTnet, and small telenet program I use; I had to terminate it
before it got a session fully under way.

If anyone has any experience or thoughts on this, let me know.  I will leave
it up to the discretion of the individual to answer me personally or the
list (either way is fine with me).

Thanks much,
Scott Charles