Interesting development

The Big Glee Bopper thom at copper.ucs.indiana.edu
Thu Aug 1 11:28:52 EDT 1996

Have others received the O'Reilly note on their 'early adopter' program
for hot new books and technology? Their first two books will be
"JavaScript: the definitive Guide' and a rewrite to 'Programming Perl for
5'. They are trying to literally put chapters only line as they are
written.  They don't seem to have all the details worked out but it seems
like in sense we will be subscribing to a book and would get up-dates as
bugs in the books are fixed and the material changes and the book needs to
be up-dated. I'm wondering how this would interest folks on WEB4?  Would
library/info places be interested in having subscriptions to books online?
How would you handle the site licensing and printing?

Thoughts?

It's at: http://www.ora.com/info/early/

--Thom, who writes about computer media for the Library Journal and does
not own stock in ORA ... darn it! 8-)