Request for Access Policies

Sunnyvale Adult Services sunnyref at CLASS.ORG
Thu Apr 25 20:42:27 EDT 1996

Greetings.
	The City of Sunnyvale is grappling with all the issues related to
public access to the Internet in the library, and I would like to ask
y'all's help.  I have been asked to find whatever I can on the Internet
about library policies regarding patron access to the Internet using
library facilities.  (I have been asked to do what I can by 6pm Friday so
they can review the material over the weekend, but if anyone gets this
after 4/27, please send us info anyway.)  Send directly to this address
and I will post a synopsis to the list.

Specifically:

Please send copies of your current Internet access policies, or any rough
drafts (make draft status clear, please).

Please let me know of great places on the Web (or gopher) that we can
find discussion of policies or copies of policies.

Please let me know of any other discussion lists or FAQ/archives that
might be relevant.

Thanks!

I do plan to look at the Web4lib archive and FAQs.  Also, other
librarians will be searching the traditional tools (Library Lit etc) for
articles and discussion of the issues.

Thanks to any who take time to reply!  All assistance greatly appreciated.

---Julia E. Schult

Sunnyvale Public Library, Adult Services
sunnyref at class.org
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu:8000/SNVL/index.html