Netscape printing question....

David L. King dlking at ocean.st.usm.edu
Mon Apr 22 09:12:19 EDT 1996

> I have a question concerning problems we have with our public-access
> Netscape workstations.
>
> Question 1:  Is there any way to determine the actual number of pages a
> document will be?  And is there a way to determine the exact page number
> for a certain screen?  E.g. if I wanted to print just 'pages' 5-8....and I
> would rather not have to cut and paste.

In Netscape, choose PRINT PREVIEW rather than print. It will display
what's on each page, let you know the number of pages, and let you print
just page 5 (or 5-8) if you want to.

> Question 2:  Is there a way to limit the total number of pages allowed for
> printing...we would like to avoid the problem of a student unwittingly
> trying to print a 50+ page document.

I don't think so. However, you could completely disable the print
feature, and only allow downloading of documents. Of course, this
wouldn't look quite as good in some instances....

			David King
			Electronic Services Librarian
			University of Southern Mississippi
			dlking at ocean.st.usm.edu