Netscape trying to "view" Word documents

Tim Tripp ttripp at inforamp.net
Wed Apr 17 08:10:47 EDT 1996

Greetings, Gentlefolk

We're setting up an Intranet, running off of a 486 running Linux and NCSA
HTTPd.  Some of the documents contain links to forms or other documents
in Word format.  When you click on the link in Netscape (1.1), it tries to
view the document instead of prompting the user, or launching Word.  Now,
I've got Word configured in my helper applications, to launch when
Netscape hits files with the ".doc" extension.  I've tried changin that to
"prompt user", but no change in what it does.

I'm probably missing something totally obvious, but I've got to give a demo
this week, and I'm beginning to panic!

Can anybody out there see the obvious?

--
Tim Tripp                                         Tel:(905) 790-2800 ext. 4108
Library Supervisor                                Fax:(905) 790-4423