"Archiving" e-journals

Hal Kirkwood hkirk at uno.cc.geneseo.edu
Thu Apr 11 15:08:38 EDT 1996

Bill, (and others who are interested)

I have also been considering the same issues.  I have not come up with
anything other than slave labor for the transfering of docs to our web
page.  (Thus we have none accessible at this time)

Not only is the loss of a link to the web page an issue but there are many
e-journals/e-newsletters that are sent by e-mail only.

I have heard of software that automatically downloads the entire contents
of a web site (WebWhacker  ?) to your hard drive....this may speed the
process somewhat.

And I haven't seen any info on broader initiatives.

So this message isn't much help to you.  I just wanted to let you know that
you're not alone.  If you want to discuss this further feel free to email
me.

Regards,

-hal