URL for community-networking paper

C. W. Tazewell cwt at exis.net
Sun Apr 7 13:38:07 EDT 1996

Hey, Karen,
     I agree with you.  I have some ideas.  See Internet 2000
at the Front Entrance of The Hampton Roads Central Library.
     Rather than try to adapt people to the Internet, we must adapt
the Internet to people.  The Internet should be the servant, tool,
and resource, and not the master.
     The missing links are properly designed metropolitan/community
digital libraries with the info and data organized for point and
click - quick and easy.
     We can't train, indoctrinate and orient the general public and
all students to be web surfers.  When "everyone" is on the Internet
through their Oracle-type TV/Internet Appliance, it will have to
be operated like a TV remote.
     We have a long way to go.  But, the first thing is to recognize the
problem and set the goals.
     Sm:)es,
               Bill.
          Will print and libraries survive the Internet?
                 The Hampton Roads Central Library
             (You don't drive to it; you point to it.)
                Your *REASON* to have the Internet
Front Entrance                E A S Y   L I N K S - Your WWW Hotlist
http://wwwp.exis.net/~cwt/    http://www.infi.net/~cwt/easylink.html