alternate approach to FirstSearch Scripting

Jim Dryden jdryden at lark.cc.ukans.edu
Fri Apr 5 15:27:36 EST 1996

WebScript for automating FirstSearch access via WWW--despite its
perceived problems--looks like something to consider for access from our
library terminals. The problem is our http server is Windows NT, and the
script is currently available for Unix platforms only. Is anyone out
there in the same situation and looking for ways around this?  Has someone
tried to port it to NT yet? OCLC is reluctant to do anything with the
script as it now exists, and I'm looking for options.

Thanks

James M. Dryden, Reference (jdryden at lark.cc.ukans.edu)
The University of Kansas Regents Center Library
12600 Quivera Rd.
Overland Park, KS 66213
http://vision.rc.ukans.edu/
(913) 897-8571 Fax: 897-8573